Here you can have the best of both worlds – a lush, tranquil, private plot of land for you to enjoy while being within easy walking distance of our local town, whether you want a quick trip to pick up bread and pastries for breakfast or a leisurely stroll on a balmy evening to dine out at one of the local restaurants.
Our two fully-furnished, highly-appointed gites Les Loriots and Les Hirondelles are situated in a recently renovated character farmhouse, and offer all modern comforts for your stay. The renovation has been carried out tastefully to high standards and includes a number of environmental measures (see below). Please note that smoking is not permitted inside our gites.
- the front, east-facing wall is new and made from locally sourced wood and hempcrete (a highly insulating natural mix of hemp and lime which can be fully recycled);
- a puit Canadien was installed - a form of geothermal energy that brings fresh air and ventilation, is low in energy requirements and which helps to cool the building in warmer months and warm it in Winter;
- high-efficiency hot water heating systems are in place which draw in warm air from the building and use this energy to help heat the water;
- we will soon add rainwater storage to supply the gite toilets and washing machines;
- Wood pellet stoves in each lounge provide warmth in colder weather